[EnglishLanguage 3152] Re: Novels for ESL Students

John Fox

jfox at canes.gsw.edu
Fri Nov 21 18:00:45 EST 2008

"A Walk to Remember" by Nicholas Sparks is a book that I have used a
few times in my reading classes. It is on a level that my students
can understand, has an interesting story, and was made into a movie
which can also be used in class. The students have also enjoyed the
young adult novels we have used in class, such as "The Outsiders" and "Holes."
Townsend Press also has many great books that are available at very
reasonable prices.
John Fox
Director of International Student Programs
English Language Institute
Georgia Southwestern State University