[EnglishLanguage 2981] Learning English

Andrea Wilder

andreawilder at comcast.net
Sun Oct 5 13:18:20 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

This is an update on my Thai tenant and her English language
learning. I think of James Gee when she says she learned much of her
English from computer games--vocabulary, not pronunciation. And, her
vocabulary is excellent! And, her pronunciation is weak! When I
can't understand what she is saying, I ask her to spell the word (her
spelling is terrific) then I understand what she is saying and
correct the pronunciation. Common mix-ups: t, d, th.

Andrea:)