[EnglishLanguage 2993] Re: Multi-level core text for life skills ESL

Literacy Project for Family Resource Center

frcliteracy at excel.net
Thu Oct 9 11:33:03 EDT 2008

You might want to investigate the VENTURES curriculum, published by
Cambridge University Press (http://www.cambridge.org/us/esl/). One component
of this ESL curriculum series is a book of multilevel worksheets (called ADD
VENTURES) that correspond to the lessons. The worksheets are designed to be
used with students below-, at-, and above-level.

You can get a good overview of this curriculum from the website and you
should also be able to get review copies from your state sales rep (that
info is also on the website.) This is a fairly new series, in five levels
(Basic to Level 4). The Level 4 Teachers materials are, I think, not
published yet but scheduled for next month.

The series correlates to CASAS and EFF.