[EnglishLanguage 2791] Re: Ipods in the ESL classroom - HELP

Steve Kaufmann

steve at thelinguist.com
Tue Sep 2 15:05:09 EDT 2008

For students with limited means, I suggest using the iPod shuffle, or other
inexpensive MP3 player. I use the iPod shuffle as my main language learning
tool, since I only need to load up the content I am working on. The full
range of language content resides on iTunes in my computer. The shuffle
costs about $50, (there are probably less expensive MP3 players out there)
and could be distributed or lent out to the students if funding were
available. This is a very powerful tool and the investment is well worth it.

Obviously these students would have to work from computers at school or in
libraries if they do not have computers at home, which is likely the case if
they cannot afford MP3 players.