[EnglishLanguage 2351] Re: Multiple language learning

kathleen morgan

dezreen at excite.com
Thu May 8 10:05:06 EDT 2008

At the beginning of the year we do a quick review of letter sounds, short vowels and letter names. Then in every time we use text - on the board or overhead, on a handout, doing read aloud, etc., letter sounds (short & long vowels, blends, etc.) and other structures (prefixes, suffixes, syllables, etc.) are pointed out, reviewed, questioned and explained. If something in particular is troubling - the -ed ending pronunciation is an issue this week - then I'll teach a mini-lesson on it. But the overall focus is to keep sounds within material the students are familiar with and talk about everything all the time.

Kathleen