[EnglishLanguage 2423] parent interaction w/child's school

Norma Joyce Juarez

jjuarez at sbcsc.k12.in.us
Tue May 13 15:23:05 EDT 2008

This is directed to Stephen Churchville, but I'd like to let anyone else know about these resources as well.

Delta Systems Co., Inc.
1-800 323-8270
custsvc at delta-systems.com<mailto:custsvc at delta-systems.com>
We have used parts of a series of booklets that they have available for purchase titled: Parenting for Academic Success Authors: Janet Fulton, Laura Golden, Betty Asin Smallwood, and K. Lynn Savage. You can purchase the entire series or parts of it. It comes in small booklet form so it is affordable. We used one of the booklets to help parents prepare for their parent/teacher open house.

http://colorincolorado.org provides English/Spanish resources for educators and parents. You can subscribe at no charge to monthly newsletters.

http://www.pumarosa.com is a free online source of English for beginners that learners can use on their own to review some of the basics.

We've found these to be useful.

Joyce Juarez