[HealthLiteracy 457] CROSSPOSTED: Update on Discussion Lists

Nguyen, My Linh

Mylinh.Nguyen at ed.gov
Wed Oct 18 11:42:20 EDT 2006

Dear Discussion List subscribers,

As the National Institute for Literacy begins a new
fiscal year, we have taken steps to streamline the way we deliver
professional development to our discussion list members. We would like to
let you know about some changes ahead for some of the National Institute for
Literacy Discussion Lists. The changes affect the Women and Literacy List;
Poverty, Race, and Literacy List; Content Standards List; and Program
Leadership and Improvement List.

First, effective October 30, 2006, we will be
closing the Content Standards and Program Leadership & Improvement lists. We
have chosen to close these two lists because we recognize that many of the
issues that impact Content Standards and Program Leadership & Improvement
carry across all the subject areas of our other Discussion Lists.

Second, effective November 6, 2006, we will be
merging of the Poverty, Race and Literacy List with the Women and Literacy
List. We have chosen to combine the two lists because we recognize that many
of the issues that impact one group also affect the other group, and believe
that many of the topics discussed on one list can benefit the other list.
Race and gender issues often intersect, and it is most both practical and
appropriate to have them intersect on one combined list.

We will continue to provide access to discussion
archives on our website.

Thank you for your active participation in the
Institute's lists. We invite you to explore all of our lists for to help you
further your own professional development.

The Institute's lists include:

Adult Literacy Professional Development
Assessment
Adult English Language Learners
Family Literacy
Focus on Basics
Health & Literacy
Learning Disabilities
Poverty, Race, Women and Literacy
Special Topics
Technology & Literacy
Workplace Literacy

Descriptions and instructions on how to register for
the Institute's Discussion Lists can be found at
http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/discussions/discussions.html

My Linh Nguyen
Associate Director of Communications
National Institute for Literacy