[HealthLiteracy 140] Re: Healthcare Online Basic Skills Curriculum

Eileen Hanlon

ehanlon at smtp.aed.org
Thu Mar 16 09:54:43 EST 2006

Hi David. Not sure if this is the type of thing you're looking for, but
we developed a short facilitated curriculum for dialysis workers that
focuses on communication skills. These are verbal skills, not literacy,
though. You can view/download it from
www.esrdnet5.org
click on the black & white logo for Training Modules, on the left-hand
bar.

Best,
Eileen Hanlon
Academy for Educational Development
www.aed.org

>>> djrosen at comcast.net 03/14/06 3:07 PM >>>

Colleagues,

I am looking for online healthcare basic skills (including ESOL)
curriculum (in English) -- for healthcare workers to use directly,
not for teachers to download and use with students. I do not mean
curriculum about health issues. I mean basic skills lessons,
modules, or units embedded in the context of health care _work_ for
health care workers.. These could be self-instructional in format,
or facilitated courses, but they must be online, and they must be
useful to working adults. The curriculum can be commercial or free.

This may be a tall order. So far I haven't found much. Your leads
are appreciated. If you send me something that fits the criteria, I
will add it to my (now short) list and will send you a copy of the (I

hope soon to be longer) list as an incentive.

Thanks for your help.

David J. Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net