Virtual Database: Searching Multiple Databases
With PLWeb Turbo, you can have multiple databases open simultaneously; this is known as a virtual database. With a virtual
database, you are able to search across several databases with a single query.
The following list summarizes PLWeb Turbo's performance characteristics that are affected by virtual database searching.
[Previous Topic] [Contents] [Next Topic]
- One disadvantage of a virtual database is that searches may be slightly slower than when conducted against a single
- A concept search will find related words from all open databases.
- Hit records retrieved from all open databases are combined into a single ranked Hitlist.
- The Relate Screen will display a merged list of related words from all open databases.
- The Dictionary Screen will display a merged dictionary for all open databases.
- The Fuzzy Match Screen will display a merged list of similarly spelled words from all open databases.