Freedom of Information
The 1996 amendments to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) mandate publicly accessible "electronic reading rooms" with agency FOIA response materials and other information routinely available to the public, with electronic search and indexing features.
Before submitting a FOIA request, please check to see if the information you are looking for is already available on FDA's Web site. You can use our search engine to help you find what you're looking for.
If you wish to visit an FDA Public Reading Room in person, they are located at:
- Division of Freedom of Information, 5600 Fishers Lane, HFI-35, Room 6-30, Rockville, MD 20857
- Division of Dockets Management, 5630 Fishers Lane, Room 1061, Mail Stop HFA-305, Rockville, MD 20852.
Hours of operation for both sites are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For a general overview of the Freedom of Information Act see the U.S. Department of Justice's FOIA homepage.
FOIA Service Centers
- AoA - Administration on Aging
- ACF - Administration for Children and Families
- AHRQ - Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CMS - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- HRSA - Health Resources and Services Administration
- IHS - Indian Health Service
- NIH - National Institutes of Health
- OIG - Office of Inspector General
- OS - Office of the Secretary
- PSC - Program Support Center
- SAMHSA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration