Online Safety Rules For Kids
- I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone
number, parent's work address/telephone number, or the name and location
of my school without my parents' permission.
- I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information
that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet"
online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to
the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring my
mother or father along.
- I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first
checking with my parents.
- I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way makes
me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that.
If I do, I will tell my parents right away so that they can contact
the online service.
- I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going
online. We will decide upon the time of the day that I can be online,
the length of time I can be online and appropriate areas for me to visit.
I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission.
Reprinted courtesy of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children 1-800-843-5678.