Office of Thrift Supervision

Consumer Complaints and Inquiries

Who should I contact if I have a question about my savings association?

Contact the OTS Consumer Response Center to reach a dedicated consumer affairs specialist.

Office of Thrift Supervision
1700 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20552

Phone: 1 (800) 842-6929
TTY: 1 (800) 877-8339

Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Eastern Standard Time

Fax: (202) 906-7342


For your protection and the security of your personal information, a signed authorization is required before we will conduct a complaint analysis.

  • OTS Consumer Complaint Form - To submit a complaint, you may either fill out and sign this form, or write and sign a letter and fax or mail it to the Consumer Affairs Division. 174 KB - Acrobat Document.

Where can I get information about my savings association and its related organizations?

  • Active OTS Institution Directory - A searchable database of active institutions regulated by OTS including the address, telephone number, office information, charter type and assets.

How do I determine who regulates my financial institution?

  • FFIEC Consumer Help Center - Directs consumers with complaints and questions about their bank or financial institution to the appropriate federal bank regulatory agency that can help them with their concerns. (Link to External Website)
  • Bank Find – Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation’s searchable database of all federally insured financial institutions. (Link to External Website)
  • Institution History - Federal Reserve System’s searchable database of financial institutions, providing successor, new name and closing date for institutions. (Link to External Website)


Contact OTS

1700 G Street, NW, Washington, DC 20552
Phone (202) 906-6000 | E-mail

OTS Careers | Freedom of Information Requests