Starting a Small Business
- Applying for a Loan
- Business Plan Basics
- Checklist for Starting a Business
- Consumer Guide to Buying a Franchise – Learn about the benefits of franchise ownership,
the limitations, and how to choose the best franchise for you.
a Retirement Solution for Your Small Business – It helps small business owners understand the various retirement savings vehicles available to them and encourages them to start a
plan for themselves and their employees.
- Crossing the Bridge to Self-Employment – A Federal Microenterprise Resource Guide
- Franchise and Business Opportunities – Outlines information franchise and business opportunity sellers must give you to help you make an informed purchasing decision.
- Financing Basics
- Guide for Retirement Plan Management for Small Business – SBA's interactive website to help small business owners understand roles, responsibilities and resources for retirement plans. Business owners who seek out information about retirement plans help protect themselves from risk. The information on this site can help small business owners understand roles, responsibilities and resources for retirement plans.
- Information and Resources for Employers – Instructions and forms that will make the life of an employer easier.
- Information for the Self Employed – Information that will help the self-employed run his/her own business.
- Is Entrepreneurship for You?
- Marketing Basics
- Multilevel Marketing Plans – Explains how MLMs work to sell goods or services through distributors. Cautions consumers to watch out for "pyramiding"- the illegal practice of paying commissions for recruiting distributors.
- SBA Financing Programs
- Small Business and Self-Employed One-Stop Resource
- Small Business Startup Guide
- The Credit Process: A Guide for Small Business Owners – Summary of the sources and types of commercial loans, business plan design, and the loan-review process for small business financing.
- Training – How to Start a Small Business
- Work-at-Home Schemes – Outlines common scams, questions to ask promoters, and where to complain.
- Writing the Business Plan
Plans for Small Business – It highlights a 401(k) plan's advantages,
some of the options and responsibilities of an employer in
setting up and operating a 401(k), and the different types
of 401(k) plans.