Responding To Life Events
- Birth of a Child – This
will help you with Social Security information for your child.
- Death in the Family – Information about how you can report the death in a family.
- Disability – Use this Disability Planner to find out medical and earnings requirements, what happens once you're approved and more.
- Domestic Abuse – Social
Security may be able to help you if you or someone you know is victim
of family violence.
- Find a Health Center – Federally-funded health centers care for you, even if you have no health insurance. You pay what you can afford, based on your income.
Resources for Consumers – Practical information and resources to help
you make your mortgage payments and keep your home.
- Funerals: Consumer Right Under
the Funeral Rule – The FTC’s
Funerals Web Site.
- Health and Retirement Benefits After Job Loss Toolkit
Changes Require Health Choices, Know Your Benefit Options – Information
you should know to protect your health benefits at various life events,
such as marriage, divorce, childbirth, or death of a spouse.
- Make Sure Living Trust Offers Are Trust-Worthy
- Marriage, Divorce and Name Changes – Get help with, changing your name on your social security card, how divorce affects your benefits, how remarriage affects survivors benefits, how retirement affects survivors benefits and how marriage may affect your adult disabled child benefits.
- Paying For Education
- Pension & Health
Care Coverage Questions & Answers for Dislocated Workers – Important
information for workers who have lost their jobs about protecting
their employee benefits.
Changes Require Health Choices, Protect Your Rights – Information
you should know to protect your health benefits when you start a
new job, change jobs, lose your job or retire.