Lost or Stolen Passports
Report a lost or stolen valid passport immediately!
For passports lost or stolen overseas, please contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Report Your Valid Passport Lost or Stolen By Phone:
Contact us toll free: 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793)
Operators are available 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., ET, Monday-Friday, excluding Federal holidays
- Report Your Valid Passport As Lost or Stolen Using Form DS-64:
Complete, sign and submit Form DS-64: Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport to:
U.S. Department of State
Consular Lost/Stolen Passport Section
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036
- Passports reported lost or stolen by telephone or by submitting Form DS-64 are invalidated and can no longer be used for travel.
- The information you provide on Form DS-64: Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport will be entered in our Consular Lost/Stolen Passport System.
- If you recover the passport after you have reported it lost or stolen, please submit it to the address listed above. When you submit it, if requested - we will cancel it and return it to you. If not requested, it will be destroyed.
- Once a passport is reported lost or stolen, it cannot be re-validated.