[Technology 1755] 2 online conferences coming up

Nell Eckersley

NellE at lacnyc.org
Thu Sep 18 14:17:11 EDT 2008

See information below

Nell Eckersley

ALIES/ASISTS Program Operations Coordinator

tel: 212.803.3316

fax: 212.785.3685

nelle at lacnyc.org

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

<http://asists.org/>

________________________________

Dear Colleague:

I'm very pleased to call your attention to the lastest online learning
opportunities produced by LearningTimes and the Alliance Library System.

It's a Virtual, Virtual, Virtual, Virtual World...

Join us for two days as we discuss virtual worlds and librarianship.
We'll be convening online on October 1 and 2, 2008 to discuss topics
such as:

-Virtual Worlds Development

-Scaling Graduate LIS Instruction in Virtual Environments

-Academic Libraries and Virtual Worlds

-Building a Library Presence in the Virtual World of Second Life

-Creating Educational Tools in Second Life for Libraries

A panel of the conference speakers is also scheduled in which your
questions will feature prominently. For more information on this first
Virtual Librarian Conference please visit:

http://www.thevirtuallibrarian.org/

Enter Discount Code "vlc25"to save $25 on your registration.

----------------

Stepping into Health - October 7th, 2008.

Held entirely in Second Life, we will visit the best and most creative
work being done in promoting health and healthcare in a virtual world
environment.

Keynote presentations feature Randy Hinrichs and Ramesh Ramloll.

The cost to participate is $79.00. Click this link to To learn more
about the online conference and register.

http://www.steppingintovirtualworlds.org/

Please write to info at learningtimes.net if you have questions about
either event.

We hope to see you there!