[NIFL-TECHNOLOGY:3186] RE: Web design and skill-building

From: Ramos-Urbano, Regina (EDU-AE&T) (rramosurba@gov.mb.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 18:02:38 EST

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:02:38 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-technology@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Ramos-Urbano, Regina (EDU-AE&T)" <rramosurba@gov.mb.ca>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-technology@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-TECHNOLOGY:3186] RE: Web design and skill-building

Another reason I encourage the teaching of web design is the way it can
inject a healthy dose of skepticism and activate critical thinking about the
information they find on web pages. If learners can experience how easy it
is to create a web page themselves and post it on the Internet, its not a
big jump to having a discussion on the validity and reliability of
information on the Internet and the importance of verifying sources.

Regina Ramos-Urbano
Coordinator, Adult Literacy & Technology
Manitoba Advanced Education & Training
310-800 Portage Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0N4
* http://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/aet/all/index.html