[NIFL-TECHNOLOGY:3126] Re: How to read on the Web

From: Ramos-Urbano, Regina (EDU-AE&T) (rramosurba@gov.mb.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 16:42:10 EST

Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:42:10 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-technology@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Ramos-Urbano, Regina (EDU-AE&T)" <rramosurba@gov.mb.ca>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-technology@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-TECHNOLOGY:3126] Re: How to read on the Web

You might also want to look at how authors write for the web as a way to
gain insight on how to read on the web. In 1997, Jakob Nielsen, who writes
and trains on the topic of web usability, conducted research with John
Morkes on how users read on the Web to influence how how authors should
write their Web pages. Here's a link to the article
http://www.useit.com/papers/webwriting/

Regina Ramos-Urbano
Coordinator, Adult Literacy & Technology
Manitoba Advanced Education & Training
310-800 Portage Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0N4
* http://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/aet/all/index.html