[Workplace 1430] Re: Hello

Margot Walsh

margotwalsh at msn.com
Mon Jun 23 07:18:57 EDT 2008

Hi Amanda,
delighted to see your post- I'm curerently putting together a proposal for funding to engage women in training that will prepare them for employment, there are several initiatives already in place tasked with this remit (job clubs, training etc), so my proposal has to be novel - i would be grateful for your valuable suggestions? I thought something that got prospective employers involved also would be worthwhile- mentoring, CV/interview skills speakers from actual HR personnel with relevant work experience could be win-win approach as employers have access to potential employees? What do you think?
Many thanks
Margot Walsh
Clare Adult Basic Education Service
Ireland> Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:01:42 -0500> From: Amanda.Ramsey at srs.ks.gov> To: workplace at nifl.gov> Subject: [Workplace 1428] Hello> > I am currently working with welfare recipients who have limited education and basic skills and need employment. Prior to this I was an Adult Educator and more directly with training and education. I am hoping through some of this discussion I can get a better of understanding of effective practices to prepare people for the workplace. > > ----------------------------------------------------> National Institute for Literacy> Workplace Literacy mailing list> Workplace at nifl.gov> To unsubscribe or change your subscription settings, please go to http://www.nifl.gov/mailman/listinfo/workplace> Email delivered to margotwalsh at msn.com