[Assessment 1977] Transcripts available from NAAL Reading discussion

Marie Cora

marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Fri Jun 12 14:55:11 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

The transcripts from our discussion the last week of May on Basic
Reading Skills and the Literacy of the America's Least Literate Adults:
Results from the 2003 National Assessment of Adult Literacy (NAAL)
Supplemental Studies can be found at:

http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/discussions/assessment/09readingskills.html -
click on Discussion Transcripts at the top of the page.

You will notice that a couple of the transcripts begin with the same
couple of posts - this is because different threads of discussion
stemmed from the same initial exchanges and in order to have the text
make sense, it was necessary to repeat them.

I have also edited the text for grammar and clarity; trimmed signature
lines to keep the length more manageable; and excluded posts that did
not add to the content of the discussion.

For complete posts, you can visit the archives at: