[Assessment 1658] Re: Mentoring

Cynthia Zafft

cynthia_zafft at worlded.org
Wed Feb 4 11:44:18 EST 2009

Dear Listers:

I've been hunting through to see who wrote about mentors and I just
can't seem to find the exact entry so let me just do a general "thank
you" to the contributors (and a special thanks to Stephanie for
answering my question from yesterday).

Mentoring is really helpful but not always easy to arrange. One
"model" (I'm into models), group mentoring, is written up in the
promising practice section of our website. It describes, in detail,
four monthly mentor meetings and was written by Gylean Trabucchi, Mentor
Coordinator for Project RIRAL ABE-to-College program in Pawtucket, RI.

http://www.collegetransition.org/promising/practice5.html

I hope you enjoy reading about the practice. Gylean can answer any
questions and, I'm sure, listers have many other good ideas on
developing and sustaining mentoring relationships for adults in
transition. Have people experimented with phone or online mentoring?

Cynthia

Cynthia Zafft, Senior Advisor
National College Transition Network
617 385-3650