[HealthLiteracy 2574] picture-based materials for refugee groups

Stacy Robison

stacers at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 09:55:03 EST 2008

I'm looking for examples of picture-based materials for recent immigrant and refugee communities.  I'm working on a project to create education materials on health and housing issues for this population.  The materials will be national in scope - which means opportunities (at least for now) for tailoring are limited.

I'm envisioning picture-based materials that could be initially introduced/reviewed by a resettlement worker, but that would also have meaning as stand-alone "leave behind" pieces.  The idea is to have as little text as possible.

Any existing resources, suggestions, or thoughts from the group are much appreciated.

Stacy Robison
www.communicatehealth.com