[HealthLiteracy 2494] Evidence-based? ... Literacy benefits?

Julie McKinney

julie_mcKinney at worlded.org
Thu Nov 20 14:30:27 EST 2008

I'm glad that Marty brought up evaluation! So...John, Susan and others,
can we call phonovellas an "evidence-based" strategy? For public health?
How about for literacy teaching? (My guess is it's not an easy yes or
no!)

We have not heard from many adult literacy teachers: for you all, what
benefits do you see in literacy gains using photonovellas vs. other
authentic materials?

And one question for Susan: what is the difference between using a
phonotovella and using the TWS (teach with stories)method?

Thanks to all for great questions and answers!

Julie

Julie McKinney
Health Literacy List Moderator
World Education