[HealthLiteracy 2427] Re: problematic words

Podschun, Gary

podschung at ada.org
Thu Nov 6 17:08:32 EST 2008

The Plain Language Thesaurus was assembled by the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Marketing. This
thesaurus offers plain language equivalents to some medical terms
phrases, and references. Click here
<http://www.nphic.org/files/editor/file/thesaurus_1007.pdf> to access
the file.

There were efforts to create a Wiki thesaurus too, but I am unable to
access that Internet site.

Gary D. Podschun podschung at ada.org
Manager, Community Outreach and Cultural Competence
Council on Access, Prevention and Interprofessional Relations
312.440.7487
____

American Dental Association 211 E. Chicago Ave. Chicago, IL
60611-2637 www.ada.org <http://www.ada.org/>