[HealthLiteracy 2345] Re: Photo Novellas related to health

Laura Bair

grants at yorkliteracy.org
Fri Sep 26 17:04:31 EDT 2008

Thank you everyone for all the great info on photo/fotonovellas so far!
I know that these have been used a lot with the Hispanic population. Has anyone used photonovellas with a Caucasion audience, who perhaps does not have low literacy skills, but may have low health literacy skills?

If so, what was the response? One fear in our brainstorming sessions was that the average middle class white guy/gal will feel like they are being talked down to with this approach. Personally, I think the concept is very engaging, but would love to hear others' thoughts.

Thanks!
Laura
Laura Bair
Grants Writer & Workplace Coordinator