[HealthLiteracy 2338] Re: Photo Novellas related to health

Susan Auger

sauger at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 26 10:34:51 EDT 2008

Thanks Lisa!
Laura- we've also recently completed a bilingual photonovel on gestational
diabetes and created the story on folic acid that I believe you were
referring to (it's actually a 'novela' coloring book). A group from the
National Training Collaborative for Social Marketing (USF) tested a variety
of folic acid educational materials (this novela, pamphlets, brochures) with
Mexican migrant families. It was the most popular choice and I understand
all the women reported gaining a better understanding of the need for
preconceptual folic acid.

In addition, the folks at Rural Women's Health Project in FL (Robin Lewey,
Exec Dir) also have an assortment of photonovels and have done some really
creative projects with photonovel development.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or would like
additional information.
Best wishes-
Susan Auger
Auger Communications, Inc.