[HealthLiteracy 2253] Re: Easy to read Prostate Cancer info

Sue Stableford

sstableford at une.edu
Thu Aug 21 18:50:27 EDT 2008

Caroline,

Go here to find a plain language booklet for men recently diagnosed with early stage prostate cancer developed by the Michigan Cancer Consortium several years ago and recently updated. The booklet is a shared decision-making tool, intended to support men and their loved ones in making a treatment decision.
www.prostatecancerdecision.org

Prostate cancer is a complex topic to 'translate' into plain language or easy to read format. Good luck in your search for resources.

Sue Stableford

Sue Stableford, MPH, MSB, Director
Health Literacy Institute
Center for Health Policy, Planning & Research
University of New England
716 Stevens Ave
Portland ME 04103
Tel: 207-221-4567
email: sstableford at une.edu
www.HealthLiteracyInstitute.net
www.ClearLanguageGroup.com

>>> "Marshall, Caroline" <Caroline.Marshall at danhosp.org> 08/21/08 1:10 PM >>>

Hello all,

I am trying to find some easy to read handouts or brochures for a series
of town meetings. The first meeting is on Prostate Cancer. I have
found plenty of information but I would like to include some easy to
read handouts. I have checked MedlinPlus but they offer a video
tutorial, this has to be in print. Do any of you know a resource I could
use.

Regards,

Caroline

______________________________
Caroline Marshall
Health Sciences Librarian

Horblit Health Sciences Library

Danbury Hospital, 24 Hospital Avenue, Danbury, CT 06810
V: (203) 739-7419 | F: (203) 739-7568 | caroline.marshall at danhosp.org
http://www.danburyhospital.org

This transmittal is intended for a particular addressee(s). If it is not
clear that you are the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you have received this transmittal in error; any review, copying or
distribution or dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you suspect
that you have received this transmittal in error, please notify Danbury
Health Systems immediately by email reply to the sender, and delete the
transmittal and any attachments.
READER BEWARE: Internet e-mail is inherently insecure and occasionally
unreliable. Please contact the sender if you wish to arrange for secure
communication or to verify the contents of this message.