[HealthLiteracy 2153] information on photonovellas

Laura Nimmon

LN at uvic.ca
Tue Jul 15 18:18:07 EDT 2008

Hi Caren,
I ask participants to sign an image release consent form before they
create their photonovelas. With their permission, I can then publish
their photographs on the web and via hard copy for dissemination.
In the case of the photonovels with adolescent girls, "Science Venture"
had the girls sign image release consent forms when they started the
club/program. For my MA research, human ethics passed the consent forms,
but I was not permitted to publish the women's names. I was permitted,
however, to acknowledge the immigrant organization where the research took
place.
If you would like an example of an image release consent form I can email
one to you.
Laura

--
Laura Nimmon, MA