[HealthLiteracy 2122] Re: information on photo-novellas

Steve Zach

szach at hcpl.net
Thu Jul 10 10:43:46 EDT 2008

If the agency planning the photo-novella has time and intends the audience
to be adults, maybe it be worthwhile to ask some adult education classes in
the community to create some as class projects. The purpose would be to
find out how the students in the class view the topic and see if they come
up with ideas you may not have otherwise. You could give them suggested
guidelines, such as that it be based on a personal story etc. it is a good
activity for ESL classes especially, but the instructors might need a month
or two to fit it in. Expanding the number of classes participating
increases the audience.

Steve Zach

Literacy coordinator

Harris County Public Library