[HealthLiteracy 2081] Re: WIC Mother's Health Literacy Campaign

Chelsea McCall

Chelsea.McCall at chpw.org
Fri Jun 13 13:55:53 EDT 2008

Community Health Plan has created a pilot project that we are expanding
during this next year modeled off the UCLA Johnson & Johnson Head Start
training. It involves providing families with the "What To Do When Your
Child Gets Sick" book. We love the book because it is written at a low
reading level, has simple explanations, and is available in English,
Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean. The training manual that you
can purchase from IHA is helpful as well. It includes a lot of tips.
Also, IHA was willing to send me a lot of information about programs
around the country that are successfully using the book. It would be
worth asking for if you are interested.

Chelsea McCall Coblentz

Chelsea M. McCall Coblentz
Quality Project Manager