[HealthLiteracy 2075] Re: WIC Mother's Health Literacy Campaign

Lisa Bernstein

lisab at whattoexpect.org
Thu Jun 12 14:04:50 EDT 2008

Matt,
Our Baby Basics Prenatal Health Literacy Program has a lower literacy
pregnancy guide and complete prenatal health/health literacy curriculum that
includes nutrition and breastfeeding information infused with health
literacy skills. Our training and curriculum helps health educators
understand how to use adult literacy teaching strategies when working with
underserved expecting women either one-on-one or during group education. We
help moms learn how to look up information in a book, make plans for
nutrition and breastfeeding decisions, and write down questions for their
provider.

We are right now working on the Family's First Year Basics book and health
literacy program that will include baby and family nutrition and a complete
breastfeeding resource - as well as curriculum training etc.
Take a look at our website www.whattoexpect.org.
Lisa

Lisa Bernstein
Executive Director
The What To Expect Foundation
144 W. 80th Street
New York, NY 10024
212-712-9764
www.whattoexpect.org

Providing prenatal health and literacy support so that women in need know
what to expect when expecting.