[HealthLiteracy 1963] Re: regarding informed consent

Jane Segelken

jsegelken at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 22:28:29 EDT 2008

Mark ... I¹m very interested in receiving the ³before² and ³after² examples
of consent form language ... I review those forms for an IRB.

Thanks,

Jane

Jane Baker Segelken, MA
Health Advocate and MSW student
607-257-9598

From: <MarkH38514 at aol.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 07:18:49 EDT
To: <healthliteracy at nifl.gov>
Subject: [HealthLiteracy 1950] Re: regarding informed consent

One problem with consent forms is terrible sentence construction. I have a
recent 2-page publication that gives some "before" and "after" examples of
consent form language: Hochhauser, M. (2008) Too Many Unnecessary Words =
Confusing Consent Forms. SoCRA Source: A Publication of the Society of
Clinical Research Associates, 56, 58-59.

If anyone's interested, email me off list and I'll be happy to send you a
pdf version.

Mark Hochhauser

Mark Hochhauser, Ph.D.
Readability Consultant
3344 Scott Avenue North
Golden Valley, MN 55422-2748
Phone: 763-521-4672
Cell: 612-281-1517
Fax: 763-521-5069
email: MarkH38514 at aol.com <mailto:MarkH38514 at aol.com>

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at
AOL Autos <http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851> .