[HealthLiteracy 1943] Help

JKelLaw at aol.com

Wed Apr 23 10:29:03 EDT 2008

I have often felt the impulse to rewrite lame stuff doctors and
hospitals give out. My worst example was not being given
aftercare instructions for my eye surgery. I even talked to the
scheduling nurse. I received misleading advice, sent my dog
away for safekeeping, and he was killed. This almost destroyed me
and we had to ask the surgeon would the crying ruin the surgery (no).
I put up a website of better instructions. I don't know what good it did.
http://facedownrecoveryfromretinalsurgery.blogspot.com.
I also gave the revised paper to my doctor--I sent it to him, to his office
manager, to the scheduling nurse. Never heard one word. Gradually,
it came to me: Hey, they don't care.

I am slow some months.

Star Lawrence
http://healthsass.blogspot.com

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car
listings at AOL Autos.