[HealthLiteracy 1884] Re: help

Janet Sorensen

Jsorensen at afmc.org
Thu Mar 27 12:29:10 EDT 2008

Julie and everyone:

Thank you all so much for responding, on and off list! It's encouraging
to know so many people really do care about this issue with passion and
compassion. Thanks to your responses, I not only have a few ideas about
how to handle this sort of thing more gracefully and effectively -- I
also feel like things really are on the road to improvement. We all know
that better, more patient-friendly information and processes could
improve health, health care delivery and outcomes. Who knows to what
degree? Maybe we'll have a chance to find out within my lifetime.

Please keep working together, researching and making a case for better
health care information and communication. And I will try not to make
the job harder by offending health care providers! Please keep the ideas
on that coming if something occurs to you. My mom's surgery is tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Janet Sorensen
Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care
Little Rock, Ark.