[HealthLiteracy 1794] pill card

Laurie Anson

ansons at epix.net
Wed Feb 27 17:03:28 EST 2008

To the List -

As an RN, I recall having heard of the use of pill cards similar to
the one shown. As I remember, there were some difficulties with the
symbols used (sunrise, sunset, moon) across cultural lines. I think
the use of pill cards is an excellent idea, as long as great care is
taken to explain the symbols to the client. For instance, if there is
no "sunset" to compare to "sunrise", then there might be some
confusion about the significance of that particular symbol.

Laurie Anson
ansons at epix.net