[HealthLiteracy 1773] Re: Wednesday Question: Transfer of HL skillsfromhome language to English/multilingual resources

Champ-Blackwell, Siobhan

SiobhanChamp-Blackwell at creighton.edu
Thu Feb 14 10:24:49 EST 2008

Here's a website we maintian throught the National Network of Libraries
of Medicine http://nnlm.gov/outreach/consumer/multi.html On this page,
we have listed numerous resources for locating materials in other
languages. You can use the google search box at the top of the page to
search all the pages listed on the site. The first section contains
webistes that are rich in languages; the remainder of the page lists
websites that focus only on one or two languages. People ususally have
their favorites, or start with the search box. I like "Healthy Roads
Media" and "24 Languages" because of their use of various media. "New
South Wales Multicultral Health Communication Service" has many many
languages. "EthnoMed" and "Refugee Health - Immigrant Health" include a
cultural resource section that provides a wonderful background.

Siobhan

Siobhan Champ-Blackwell, MSLIS
Community Outreach Liaison
National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MidContinental Region
Creighton University Health Sciences Library
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
800-338-7657 in CO,KS,MO,NE,UT,WY
402-280-4156 outside the region