[HealthLiteracy 1771] Re: Wednesday Question: Transfer of HL skillsfromhome language to English/multilingual resources

Cornett, Sandy

Sandy.Cornett at osumc.edu
Thu Feb 14 09:42:53 EST 2008

A website was created through a collaboration of the 3 large health systems
and the Children's Hospital in Columbus, OH. Hundreds of low literacy
materials in 10 languages are available. The materials have gone through
rigorous testing and all materials are copyright free.
www.healthinfotranslations.com

Sandy

Sandra Cornett, RN, Ph.D.
Director, AHEC Clear Health Communication Program
Office of Outreach & Engagement
The Ohio State University College of Medicine
052 Meiling Hall
370 W. 9th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
P: 614-688-3327 (Tues/Thurs)
F: 614-292-5364
sandy.cornett at osumc.edu
http://medicine.osu.edu/ahec/4977.cfm
"In the world of the future, the new illiterate will be the
person who has not learned how to learn."
Alvin Toffler, futurist & author
Future Shock, The Third Wave, & Powershift