[HealthLiteracy 1735] health literacy in the schools?

lisa jones

lisamjones44 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 2 08:41:23 EST 2008

We spend a lot of time discussing work being done on health literacy with adults. But wouldn't it be nice if people learned necessary health literacy skills BEFORE they were adults? So, I was wondering if anyone was working on health literacy among elementary, junior high or high school students? How are you approaching health literacy? Through existing health classes or by integrating health literacy education into math or english curriculum?

Lisa

Lisa Jones, MD