[HealthLiteracy 1711] Re: Wednesday Question: State Support for HL

Innis, Laura (DPH)

Laura.Innis at state.ma.us
Thu Jan 24 14:19:39 EST 2008

Good Afternoon. I am part of the Communications Office at the
Massachusetts Department of Public Health and would like to know if
anyone is aware of state health departments that have developed health
literacy or plain language guidelines. We have some wonderful health
literacy experts here who have provided staff with training and referred
us to documents that are helpful but programs continue to ask for
standards or specific guidance. Any ideas from other states on how to
address this issue with limited resources would be welcomed.
Thank you, Laura
Laura Innis
DPH Health Ed. and Outreach Coordinator
laura.innis at state.ma.us