[HealthLiteracy 1664] Re: Medical School curriculum

Janet Sorensen

Jsorensen at afmc.org
Thu Jan 17 10:27:21 EST 2008

Thanks for sharing the link!

-----Original Message-----
From: healthliteracy-bounces at nifl.gov
[mailto:healthliteracy-bounces at nifl.gov] On Behalf Of Julie McKinney
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:48 AM
To: healthliteracy at nifl.gov
Subject: [HealthLiteracy 1662] Re: Medical School curriculum

Thanks, Andrew!

Many of you out there wrote in to say "put me on the list", thinking
that we were making a list of people to send this curriculum list out
to. But you can just access it online at the address Andrew gave:

http://www.advancinghealthliteracy.com/curricula.html

Please send other relevant curriculum or syllabi you have if they are
not on this list! Send them to Andrew at:

pleasant at AESOP.Rutgers.edu

What a great resource!
Julie

Julie McKinney
Discussion List Moderator
World Education/NCSALL
jmckinney at worlded.org

>>> Andrew Pleasant <pleasant at AESOP.Rutgers.edu> 01/15/08 6:28 PM >>>

Hi everyone,

First, sorry . I wrote this a while ago .. but somehow it never made it
out of my out box.

So, the message was ... in between the in betweens on my calendar and
the end of the semester, I pulled together the various submissions for
syllabus/ curricula on health literacy as per the earlier discussion.

You can find the collection I have received to date at ...
http://www.advancinghealthliteracy.com/curricula.html

There aren't that many actually - so I suspect it may not a complete
list. I will update this as I receive more submissions .. so keep them
coming! If I missed any earlier contributions, apologies and do let me
know if that was the case and I'll correct asap.

Best wishes,

Andrew Pleasant

Andrew Pleasant
Assistant Professor
Department of Human Ecology
Extension Department of Family and Community Health Sciences Rutgers,
the State University of New Jersey Cook Office Building, 55 Dudley Road
#207 New Brunswick, NJ 08901
phone: 732-932-9153 x. 320; fax: 732-932-6667
http://www.nifl.gov/mailman/listinfo/healthliteracy
Email delivered to julie_mckinney at worlded.org

http://www.nifl.gov/mailman/listinfo/healthliteracy
Email delivered to jsorensen at afmc.org
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this E-mail is
confidential and may be privileged. This E-mail is intended solely
for the named recipient or recipients. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this
E-mail is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
inform us by replying with the subject line marked
"Wrong Address" and then deleting this E-mail and any
attachments. Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care, Inc.
(AFMC) uses regularly updated anti-virus software in an attempt
to reduce the possibility of transmitting computer viruses. We do
not guarantee, however, that any attachments to this E-mail are
virus-free.