[HealthLiteracy 1656] Re: ESOL Health Literacy Curricula - what'salready out there? What went well and what didn't?

Sandra J.Diehl, MPH

diehl at email.unc.edu
Fri Jan 11 10:48:23 EST 2008

You may want to check out the Expecting the Best curriculum, which is
designed for high beginner/low intermediate ESL students
(www.expectingthebest.org). It covers health care navigation skills and
nutrition.

I also really like Kate Singleton's picture stories, which are
available on-line; I know many of the ESL instructors that I've worked
with also find them useful.

Sandy Diehl, MPH
Project Director
Expecting the Best