[HealthLiteracy 1645] Re: Medical School curriculum

Steinbacher Mikal

Mikal.Steinbacher at lwtc.edu
Sun Jan 6 12:50:24 EST 2008

Barbara, I have gleaned a lot of great material from the Focus on Basics website. Is there a web site that will take me directly to it? is it the www.ncsall.net address?

Mikal Steinbacher
Instructor, ABE/ESL/English
Lake Washington Technical College

________________________________

From: healthliteracy-bounces at nifl.gov on behalf of Barbara Garner
Sent: Tue 12/4/2007 10:55 AM
To: Maricel G. Santos; healthliteracy at nifl.gov
Subject: [HealthLiteracy 1547] Re: Medical School curriculum

Dear All,
I've been following this discussion with great interest.

"Focus on Basics" (see http://www.ncsall.net/index.php?id=1150 or http://www.ncsall.net/index.php?id=149 if you're not familiar with the publication) has recently been funded to publish another issue on literacy and health. Our charge is to make this issue a true partnership between health and literacy (our usual audience and writers are the adult basic education/ESOL communities).
What articles do you think should be in the issue? Assume that the readership is adult basic educators and medical students who, unlike subscribers to this list, are not well versed in health literacy.

I look forward to your thinking on this,
Barb Garner

Editor, "Focus on Basics"