[EnglishLanguage 4670] Re: computers for families programs+learnerempowerment

Andrea Wilder

andreawilder at comcast.net
Thu Jul 30 11:45:44 EDT 2009

I do so hate to be treated as an idiot.

There may well be an overlap in the two realms you mention, that is,
locating information and deducing something from it, as in 1.
looking up campaign money information and 2. wondering if it
influences voting behavior, is in the realm of overlap. You take
something simple and ask a question of it, which may lead to other
work in finding more patterns. The 2 may go together, may be part of
a pre-existing train of thought, as in, as in "money, I wonder about
its influence, if there is one, in elections."

And the student may be building on the implicit suggestion from the
teacher--why did the teacher bring this (money) up in the first place?

Andrea