[EnglishLanguage 4650] Re: computers for families programs+learnerempowerment

Bonnie Odiorne

bonniesophia at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 29 14:53:02 EDT 2009

Steve, we're talking about the content of language learning as well as the constructs. As long as who contributes what to a campaign had some reason for being relevant (a student query, a reaction to a newspaper article..) and can be used to teach language constructs in a more thouhtful way (how many, how much, who?) I cannot for the life of me, and I've been thinking about this a lot, see what the problem is. Unless you'd rather return to 'La plume de mon oncle est dans le bureau de ma tante.' or other such meaningless phrases existing only to teach grammar but with o oher communicative or inforation sharing function. For a literary expression of the problems of teaching grammar, see Ionesco's La Lecon.
 Bonnie Odiorne, Ph.D. Director, Writing Center Adjunct Professor of English, French, First Year Transitions, Day Division and ADP
Post University, Waterbury, CT