[EnglishLanguage 4375] Re: Kinds of adult ed videos - questions for Ujwala

Ujwala Samant

lalumineuse at yahoo.com
Wed May 27 09:49:51 EDT 2009

Dear Miriam,

The study that NCSALL did in New Brunswick was for the ABE labsite (sister lab to Steve Reder's lab in Portland), but the class was 80% immigrants, some who were in ESOL as well. There were a large contingent of young folks from Sierra Leone, but tehre were also Haitians, Afghans, etc. There were few native English speakers.

The videos are the property of NCSALL-Rutgers. Unfortunately I am not sure how public they are. I left 5 years ago, towards the end of the Engagement study, so maybe Hal Beder/Patsy Medina or the others who worked there would know.

Thanks
Ujwala