[EnglishLanguage 3970] Re: past progressive

Steinbacher Mikal

Mikal.Steinbacher at lwtc.edu
Tue Mar 3 13:26:45 EST 2009

I usually teach level 4 and up .. low intermediate to high advanced, so the students have a lot of the basics already. I also have students write a short paragraph at the beginning of the quarter so I have an idea of their writing skill problem areas. I usually do a review of articles, verb tenses, subject/verb agreement and complete sentences at the beginning of the quarter. So I correct for all of those.

Depending on the skill levels your students display in their writing, I'd have them track those you teach. And as the quarter progresses, add the grammar and structures you have taught and practiced and have them track those too.

Mikal Steinbacher
Instructor, ABE/ESL/English
Lake Washington Technical College