[EnglishLanguage 3956] Re: past progressive

Martin Senger

MSenger at GECAC.org
Thu Feb 26 14:46:28 EST 2009

Pax et bonum Stephen! (peace & goodness)

I would say the "-ing" form of a verb is the present participle, which
is a noun. When used in other ways, it can be part of a verb phrase or
an adjective.

Just my two-cents worth!

Martin E. Senger

Adult ESL / Civics Teacher,

G.E.C.A.C. / The R. Benjamin Wiley Learning Center

Erie, Pa.

Co-Director,

ESL Special Interest Group

Pa. Assoc. for Adult Continuing Education (PAACE)