[EnglishLanguage 3547] Re: American food

Andrea Wilder

andreawilder at comcast.net
Thu Jan 22 15:11:24 EST 2009

It could be, I don't know--like the adzuki beans. I like red bean
steamed buns, Chinese. Ben arrived here not knowing how to cook, at
all. She copied me in what I cooked to get by. Then she discovered
Asian markets. A month ago I bought a cook book (English) of simple
Thai recipes, now Ben can make the food she likes. I've taken
pictures of her cooking, also shoveling snow, and sent them to her
family. They are so surprised! Ben is proud of her growing
competence, her family is astonished. I follow her lead when it
comes to Thai and other Asian foods, and she follows mine when it is
a question of American food. Then we create cross-cultural recipes.

Andrea, happy eater