[EnglishLanguage 3228] Re: ESL in a jail setting

William R Muth/FS/VCU

wrmuth at vcu.edu
Wed Dec 3 23:11:59 EST 2008

Hi Adam,
I am forwarding your question to Susan Chabot at the Federal Bureau of
Prisons and to the State Directors of Correctional Education list serv.
Maybe they can help you with this.
Good luck!
Bill Muth

Adam W Nathanson/FS/VCU <nathansonaw at vcu.edu>
Sent by: englishlanguage-bounces at nifl.gov
12/02/2008 12:11 PM
Please respond to
The Adult English Language Learners Discussion List
<englishlanguage at nifl.gov>

The Adult English Language Learners Discussion List
<englishlanguage at nifl.gov>
cc

Subject
[EnglishLanguage 3201] ESL in a jail setting

Hello All,

I am in Educational Services for Henrico County, VA jails and we plan to
start
ESL classes soon. I would like to know if anyone out there has experience
with the following:

-Is there a particular text/workbook that works best in a jail setting?

-Does your program report gains/goals to the NRS? What is the best way to
realize increased educational functioning levels in a jail ESL class?

Thanks,
National Institute for Literacy
Adult English Language Learners mailing list
EnglishLanguage at nifl.gov
http://www.nifl.gov/mailman/listinfo/englishlanguage
Email delivered to wrmuth at vcu.edu