[EnglishLanguage 3074] Suggestions for targeted discussions/ focused topics for upcoming quarter and year sought

Miriam Burt

mburt at cal.org
Fri Oct 31 15:41:57 EDT 2008

Hello, everyone.

Yesterday I wrote that I would be seeking suggestions from you all today
as to topics you would like to see us forcus on in the upcoming months.
This targeted discussion could mean a guest facilitator shares ideas and
answers questions on a specific topic. Or it could be a week or so when
some subscribers decide to read a certain article or topic to discuss as
a group.

In the last couple of years there have been guest facilitators
discussing topics such as preparing adult English language learners for
the employment, working with literacy level learners, and teaching
writing to adult English language learners.

Other topics mentioned in the past included learner persistence, use of
technology in professional development, use of technology in learner
instruction, the multlilevel classroom, and working with Engllish
language learners in classes with native speakers.

What suggestions do you have for topics?

I'd like your input by next Friday, November 7 - as I need to submit a
plan the following week. There are close to 900 of you out there, so I
hope to hear from some of you, including those who don't often post to
the list. What would you like to focus on?

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.
Miriam
*********
Miriam Burt
NIFL Discussion List Moderator